Sunday, February 27, 2005

placeholder

Pathi is burying his victim. Behind a wall of brick and mortar and mud and concrete. He does not know how to build a wall. His victim is alive still. This imprisonment his final torture. In the morning this will all be a dream. I am convinced now. Any minute I will wake. Out of this nightmare. I’m not mad. I’m just stuck in a bad place and I need to get out. The body count is rising outside. Pathi is discovering that he is nearly indestructible here too. Dangerous. I feel more focused now. Better than I’ve felt in a while. Under the circumstances at least. I look for ways to get out. The first thought that came to mind was to kill myself. Then surely I’d wake up. But what if I didn’t ? Chicken. The second was to kill Pathi. But I won’t. He is as much me as he is himself. I sit by the window and try to think of a plan. I can hear cement being plastered on. I can hear Pathi talking to his victim. I can see the absurdity of my situation. Pathi does not need me anymore. It would matter little if I went away. It is I who need Pathi now. Without him, what do I have ?

Pathi comes sauntering into the room. A happy smile on his face. He tosses an object at me. It lands with a thud at my feet. “Just fell off,” he says. I look down. A hand withered away into nothing. His victim. Just fell off. This would be a good time to wake up.

I’m in a bad place and I don’t want to leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home