Sunday, February 20, 2005

<>I walk the streets alone. Nighttime is my time. There’s a man I’m following. For no reason. Out the story and into life has left me without direction. My rudder is bent out of shape. Writer man is scared and loosing his head. I don’t see why. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do. Just waiting. I enjoy killing. I know that much and I pursue it. Seems enough for now. The man notices me. Quickens his pace. I quicken mine. He turns and stares at me. It gives me pause. I think maybe I should follow somebody else. He comes towards me and that option is taken away. He grabs hold of me and shoves me to the ground. Taken aback for a minute. So used to fear in my prey. A counter attack never even crossed my mind. I overpower him easily enough. He has made me bleed. More proof that I’m real and I’m here to stay. I should show my blood to the writer man. Maybe then he’ll believe in me. Even now he tries to convince himself that I’m a boogeyman. Made up in his head and still there. Uh uh. Made up in his head all right but outside it now. <>I take the man home. Unconscious. He weighs surprisingly little. Tie him down to a chair. All mine to do with as I please. He made me bleed. I cannot find anything to gag him with. I take a knife. I shove my hand down his mouth. I hold his tongue and I begin to cut. A quick slash to sever the tongue at the root. Cut off the tip and he’ll still talk. A quick slash isn’t much fun. I take the knife to him slowly. He knows I’m taking away his freedom of speech but he can’t do a thing about it. A brand new God is what I am. Thanks to the writer man. He sits in the other room. Without a clue. Quietly going mental. The man on the chair is unconscious now. Pain does that to you. His mouth is flowing crimson. Keep him alive. Keep him alive. He made me bleed.

The man Pathi got home is still screaming. Louder and louder. Three days now. Why doesn’t he just die ? Stop screaming you stupid fuck! Stop screaming. I get up. I cannot take this anymore. Pathi’s gone out. I go to his room. I’m going to ask him nice to stop screaming. If he doesn’t I’m going to kill him. To hell with everything else.

A figure hunched in a chair. His feet in a bowl of water. I wonder what that’s for. Lacerations on his chest. He straightens his head as he hears me come closer to him. He looks at me. Still screaming. He looks at me. He smiles at me. I can only stare back. I cannot imagine the pain this man has gone through. I only thought I knew what Pathi was capable of. I know nothing about him. His mouth is a bloody mess. He opens his mouth as if to say something. I can see a gaping hole. Emptiness where his tongue used to be. He has no tongue. Pathi’s taken away his tongue. How the hell does a man with no tongue scream ? He smiles at me. <>

I run back to my room. I cower in the shadows. This is Endgame. This is me going crazy . I can still hear the screaming. Its not coming from that poor sod. He cannot scream. The screams are inside my head. I curl myself into a tight ball. I’m slipping further and further down. I wish for insanity. Make the screaming stop. Please.

2 Comments:

Blogger Murphy said...

Disturbing.
Quite sure of your sadistic streak now. Rather disturbing.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fucking awesome! Between this and beanie's very other end of the spectrum tale on Zosix, my days pass in a happy blur. At least the part of them that's spent reading you guys. - Ravi

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home