Monday, December 27, 2004

Smile for the camera dead man

I sit. A cloud of smoke hangs over me. My mouth dry. My brain screams water. The whiskey is so much closer. I take another sip. I hold back the puke that comes welling up. I’ve become quite good at that. My body aches. Nothing hurts but everything aches. My throat. I take a deep breath. I take another drag of the cigarette. Stuck in a holding pattern for far too long. The cell phone rings. Surya has a job for me….

I can hear the chopper above me now. Loud. Footsteps on the roof. Loud. Any minute now, Bad a Bing Bada Bam Bada BOOM. Loud. No more aerial attacks. I seem to have become quite indestructible. I remember Baava searching for my head though his scope. A sudden humbling.

Eight. A rock face I climbed every Sunday evening. Kulfi at the gas station. I wish I’d never grown up. I stand. Turn around. I wish this would end now. I wish I get shot in the head. Three seconds. If only I had the balls to kill myself. Heh. Smile.


My chronicles ? No. Nothing to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home